BUILD MY CHOIR [BMC]
Turning new and struggling choirs into glorious oscines, making strong ones stronger and professional. A Practical Stage Performance Coaching, Presentation Skills, Confidence Building And Professional Stage Communication Training For Choir Groups On Mastering Stage Presence And How To Present To Any Audience With Confidence, Clarity And Focus. The overall goal of the training is to help the choir as a collective body learn the subtle art of inspiring and influencing people on stage through professional stage communication skills, technique and presence.
Choir groups have some of the most unique stage communication (performance) challenges confronting them as there are different artists with peculiar individual strengths and weaknesses. This one month course focuses on harmonizing and unifying the choir’s creative language, eliminating creative noise while turning their weaknesses and number into strength.
The overall goal of the training is to help the choir as a collective body learn the subtle art of inspiring and influencing people on stage through professional stage communication skills, technique and presence.
It helps them learn to offer their best selves to the congregation by cultivating their self-awareness, their bodies, and their voices. Their ability to fully express themselves is vital to effective connection and communication. When they understand their purpose and how to clearly communicate it with their bodies and voices, they can grow their presence on stage and grow the impact of their ministration or performance. In this course, they will investigate the relationship between motivation and expression.
Starting with their physical lives, they will examine the body as a conduit for breath and as an interpreter of intention. They will access constructive ways of resting, standing still, traveling through space, and gesturing.
Similarly, they will also learn about vocal dynamics, including tone, pitch, and volume. Then, they will shape their sound into meaningful communication through the physical act of speech. They will experiment with the music of language: emphasis, pace, and phrasing. (The Glorious Human Voice). They will also examine how speech patterns develop and what people do to learn or change them.
- Mastering Stage Presence: How to Present to Any Audience or Congregation
- Intent, Purpose and Character.
- The Details of Stage: Stage Management, stage geography, Stage blocking, stage movement and positioning
- Harmonizing and unifying the choir’s creative language.
- The art of stage craft in church worship
- Creative intelligence
- The art of stage seduction
- Nonverbal Behavior: exploring Chronemics, proxemics, Occulecis and Haptics covering body language, gestures, space, touch and time use behavior as they affect stage communication
- Eliminating creative noise
- Preparing for the Performance or ministration
- Using Stage Fright Energy
- Working the Crowd With Confidence
- Stage Presence—A Way of Life
- The psychology of audience
- The minister, her skills and the Holy Spirit